“Hi, I’m a General Surgeon specializing in Surgical Gastroenterology and Functional Medicine. “
This discipline takes into account the personalization of healthcare, as each patient care plan is distinct and unique. The relationship between patient and practitioner effectively becomes a partnership; every aspect of a patient’s medical history is reviewed in detail as each symptom or differential diagnosis may be one of many contributing to an individual’s illness.
Often, individual genetic and environmental research is conducted to obtain a deeper knowledge of the patient’s health status. Understanding the biochemical individuality of a patient can lead to the underlying causes of disease and furthermore, the prevention of additional health risks in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Functional medicine determines HOW and WHY a disease develops and attempts to restore health by addressing the ROOT CAUSES for each individual.
- I start by viewing your medical history and symptoms through a slightly different perspective than your conventional doctor. I organize your health story using the Functional Matrix, and this allows me to identify key areas of dysfunction and imbalance that can be corrected.
- Conventional medicine aims to categorize and label your symptoms as a diagnosis, in order to match it to a prescription or rehabilitive treatment. Functional medicine goes upstream to look for causes for your problems and diminish inflammatory influences in your body.
- My goal is simple: improve quality of life, diminish prescription burden, and teach you what you need to do to remain as healthy as possible.
Excited to start?! Wonderful! Motivation is essential for success in any functional treatment plan. However, the magic and synergy comes from our ability to partner together. My style of teaching and delivery of medical care may not be a good fit for some people.
This is why I request a 15-minute free Discovery Session before enrolling you as a private patient. Please CLICK HERE to book an appointment and find out if functional medicine is the right fit for you.
- Contact me to try out one of my online courses.
- Sign up to calculate your health grade on the landing page, and you’ll automatically get my newsletter updates so you won’t miss a thing!
- “Like” my Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram where I talk about what functional medicine can do for your health.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for useful content on optimising your health!
As a physician who trained in General Surgery, Surgical Gastroenterology and functional medicine, I can explain the labs you’ve already acquired in great detail.
If you need specialty functional testing to help reach your goals, I have contracted with Genova Diagnostics, USA to provide Food sensitivity tests, Organic Amino Acid testing, Comprehensive Stool Evaluation, and salivary measurements of cortisol and hormones. All of these tests are done in the comfort of your own home, with the convenience of FedEx shipping labels and containers.
Gastrointestinal problems like Gastritis, GERD / Reflux disease, Inflammatory bowel disease, Irritable bowel syndrome, Leaky Gut, Small Intestinal Bacterial and Fungal Overgrowth, Diverticular disease
Chronic metabolic disorders like Type 2 Diabetes mellitus, Obesity, Dyslipidemia,
Autoimmune disorders like Psoriasis, Arthritis, Migraines, Thyroiditis
Neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s, Parkinsons, Multiple Sclerosis,
Hormone imbalances like PCOS, Thyroid disease, Adrenal dysfunction